Serta Nightstar™ Deluxe Firm Crib & Toddler Mattress
- 120 heavy duty innerspring coils
- Full perimeter border wire
- Ortho-Insulated layer for support and comfort
- Waterproof vinyl cover
- GREENGUARD Gold certified: recognizes products with low chemical emissions, contributing to healthier environments
- Natural cotton fire protection has no chemicals or toxins
- Meets or exceeds federal safety standards
- Air vents for added freshness
- Cloth binding
- Limited 25 year warranty
- Made in USA
- Product Dimensions (in inches): 27.5 (width) by < 6 (height) by 52 (depth)
- Product Weight (in pounds): 15
- Shipping Dimensions (in inches): 27.5 (width) by 6 (height) by 52 (depth)
- Shipping Weight (in pounds): 15
Infants need a firm foundation, and Serta’s Nightstar Deluxe Firm Crib & Toddler Mattress provides the support essential for a good night’s rest. Other features include: full perimeter border support for long-lasting stability, air vents that help the mattress breathe and keep it fresh, plus waterproof vinyl cover for easy cleanups.
This firm crib mattress is also GREENGUARD Gold certified. What does that mean for you? It means this mattress meets the strictest standards offered by the GREENGUARD Environmental Institute—and ensures this product helps to limit chemical exposure in baby’s room. So when you purchase this mattress you can spend less time worrying about your what your baby’s sleeping on, and more time bonding with them.
The safest size of baby cribs and crib mattresses is determined by the federal government. The Consumer Products Safety Commission (CPSC) requires all full-size baby crib mattresses to be at least 27 and ¼ inches in width by 51 and ¼ inches in length, with a maximum thickness of six inches. But for cribs, the standard size isn’t as simple.
The CPSC requires that full-size baby cribs have a standard width of 28 inches and a standard height of 52 and ⅜ inches, but with a “pull or minus factor” of ⅝ inches. Because of this variation, it’s important to look for the recommended mattress size listed on the crib’s box and/or assembly instructions.
Crib mattresses should fit very snug or moderately snug in the crib. No more than two fingers of space should exist between the side of the mattress and the crib frame. A mattress that is too small for the crib could be a suffocation and entrapment hazard.
The firmer, the better when it comes to crib mattresses. Soft surfaces can pose a suffocation hazard and increase your baby’s risk of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS). You can test a how firm a mattress is by pressing on its center and edges. When you release pressure, it should snap back immediately.
#1 In Safety
We Go Above And Beyond Safety Standards
1 Out of 2
Children Sleep In Our Product
10% of All Profits
Goes Toward Improving The Lives Of Children
Of Safety, Style, And Innovation